Alright, so here in PA, we are supposed to get up to 14inches of snow….the snow has been coming down pretty hard all morning, and we just have not been able to go out to cut down a Christmas Tree this year…well, We had an old 3′ Christmastree in the attic and I said, lets go get it! My family and I pulled out this pathetic little Christmas tree that brought SO much joy to my little guy Bensen, it brought me to tears! This is CHRISTMAS!!!!!
“Christmas tree!!! Christmas Tree” – which comes out more like (crississ tee crississ tee!) I love it – it is SO perfect for my family this year, may not be the ideals I have in my head, but when you see the joy on my kids faces, WOW it makes you stop and think! 🙂
So now here we are with our little Christmas tree and my beautiful children are napping…I’m watching the snow fall and thinking about 5 things that I can do our should be doing…
Here are my five choices 🙂
- Make Candy Lane Tea or Hot Chocolate, while curling up on our sofa by the new Christmas Tree and watch the snow fall.
- Watch Elf! (While having my Candy Lane Tea or Hot Chocolate of course!)
- Go start scrapbooking all of the photos I am months behind on – Or I could just start organizing the pictures! OR I could absolutely get in the spirit of “pre-making” a few fun layouts for all the things I am thankful for this Christmas!
- Make snow flakes and Christmas Trees and other fun Wintery Wondery themed paper projects and watch the Cricut go go go! Maybe even give them to some wonderful friends!
- Actually be productive, and clean the house, finish laundry, wrap Christmas Presents and vacuum. (NAAHHH!)
Ok so those are my five options, and I totally think that I am going to scrapbook a few pages, maybe even “work” on a little CHA project stuff and fun for that. I SHOULD wrap my daughter’s birthday presents for tomorrow and PRAY that we aren’t snowed in!
Here are five ideas for you, since it is snowing….
- Make some really yummy Hot Chocolate and watch the snow fall
- Watch your favorite Christmas movie with your favorite hot drink OR Grab a really great book and read it aloud – did you ever try that? It’s so fun sometimes 🙂
- Find 5 things that you are thankful for this Christmas Season and do a 2 page layout about them 🙂
- Find 5 people who maybe hurting this Christmas Season and make them a simple hand made Christmas note, telling them that you care and are thinking of them this Christmas
- Go tell every member in your house why you are thankful for today and why you are thankful for them, you’ll be surprised how much it will make THEIR day! 🙂 Don’t have anyone in the house with you today? That’s ok, call a friend, your boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife, grandparent, parent, WHOEVER! And do the same thing 🙂
Something I heard this week, I want to share:
I have to share this, because it’s been ringing in my head all week something that a speaker at our MOPS group said this past week. Here name is Denise and you can read more about her HERE anyway, she had made the analogy how women are like cups and that what we fill ourselves up with is what is going to spill out whenever we get bumped. You know how right she is??? I have had a full helping of filling myself up with a lot of stress and anxiety over some personal things these past few weeks and have struggled with “keep the lid on” when things get even more ruffled. Instead of continuing to let that take over, there is no reason in the world not to fill up and take in all the things I am thankful for and blessed with, and you know what…we are ALL blessed with great things. Even through horrible struggles, heart aches and pains (Believe me, we ALL have them) each and everyone of us are SO blessed.
I just want to share with you that, you can be filled by God and His joys and blessings on your life this Christmas. It’s not something you have to do on your own, but you can be filled with His love and peace and joy…not just at Christmas time, but all year around 🙂 Christmas is all about God sending His son, Jesus, to be born into this world, to live a life like ours, but without any sin, and then be put to death because God loves EACH AND EVERYONE of us SO much! It is such a joy to accept His gift and eternal salvation!
If you want to know more of what I am talking about, feel free to email me anytime 🙂 This blog is to share with you many aspects of inspiration….and if you don’t share my faith, I hope you will still continue to have fun with us here at AboveRubiesStudio and still have fun creating along with us! 🙂
No matter what, I still want to encourage you to be filling yourself up with thankfulness and joy and goodness, so that when you get “bumped” this week, or the next or the next, you spill over with gentle, loving kindness that makes others take a step back and say, wow, he/she was so nice! 🙂
Enjoy the moments, enjoy the snow and