As I Promised Yesterday:
Here is the “I Miss You Card” made by Jennifer Young. She is just a glimpse of the multitudes of talents that is going to be a part of the growing Above Rubies Studio. Now, I’ve gotten several emails about my work, and don’t worry! Megan is STILL here and I am still going to do regular free videos and post projects of my own. Having guest designers and other projects is just another way Above Rubies Studio is growing to serve this amazing Crafting World online!
Lets take a look at how Jen made this projects and what she used:
- A stamped image ( I used Sugar Nellie colored with Prismacolor pencils using the Gamsol technique. Gamsol is a solution that has a dauber top that you can use to blend the pencil color together for the beautiful effect you see in this card.
- 1- 4″x5 1/2″ cardstock for base of card. (Unsure of the make used on this particular piece)
- 1- 8″x 5 1/2″ sheet of cardstock scored at 4″
- 1- 3″x3″ Core’dinations cardstock
- 1 1 1/4″x2 3/4″ cardstock (used Bazzill)
- 1- 8″ piece of fiber or ribbon (used fiber from adornaments)
- 1- small/medium flower (used a homemade one)
- Black ink pad StazOn
- Sentiment stamp from Studio 18
- Opaque white pen “Sakura Gelly Roll”
- Chalk ink (Cat’s Eye Dark Brown)
How Do I Make this Card?
1. Pierce along the edges of the stamped image and the 3×3 cardstock.
2. Distress and rough up the edges of the 3×3, 1 1/4×2 3/4, and stamped image.
3. Stamp the sentiment onto the 1 1/4x 2 3/4 piece of cardstock. Chalk all the edges of the cardstocks, including the large base.
5. Adhere 3×3 and stamped image to base.
6. Adhere the sentiment and fiber to card base.
7. Adhere the flower to the card base.
8. Adhere cardfront to 8×5 1/2 cardstock… and voila!!!