Last week Above Rubies Studio gave you one little preview of awesome work from one of our New Design Team Members, Jennifer Young, and I received lots of great emails and questions about her card.
So what I am doing for today’s videos is show Copic Markers and Prismacolor Pencils along with the Gamsol (or Orderless Mineral Spirits, OMS) like Jen used in her beautiful card she shared with us last week. This is going to look nothing like Jen’s card, but it will show you how to blend the colors for a beautiful watercolored soft effect.
This is a two part video series: Part 1 shows how I colored the stamped heart with Copic Alcohol Markers and then another stamped heart using Prismacolor Pencils and the OMS. Part 2 I show how I put the card together and how I made fringe grass and colored that with my Copics as well.
Products in these Videos:
- Heart stamp I used is from Unity Stamps
- Prismacolor Pencils (used 50% off coupon at Hobby Lobby or AC Moore)
- Copic Markers (I bought very reasonably out at CHA this past January, I realize it’s not for everyone simply because of cost, but I wanted to show it anyway for those who were interested.)
- Oderless Mineral Spirits ($3.99 from Hobby Lobby)
- Blending Paper Tips
- Memento Rich Cocoa Ink
- Verse Stamp from NewClearDollarStamps.com – I Love their stamps and verses and they are very reasonably priced with great customer service.
- Kraft Cardstock
- White Georgia Pacific Cardstock
- DCWV Box of Cards Pack for card bases
- Ribbon from AC Moore (Offray Ribbon)
- Pure Poppy Hybrid Ink from PaperTreyInk.com (New Ink for ME!!! YAY!)
I really hope that you enjoy this card – I really enjoyed making it over the weekend and loved that I had a chance to get into the Studio on Saturday even while not being 100% back to speed yet and just create! Becca came over with me and we just enjoyed and evening of movies and time together doing what we both love! Really helped to relieve some of the stress and I hope that I will be going 90 miles an hour over the next week as Above Rubies Studio gears up to release a ton more projects and designer’s work for you all to see!