Did you ever see the movie Confessions of a Shopaholic? Put me in a scrapbooking store and my mind set and way of thinking QUICKLY turns into … “The store always smells good, and the store can awaken a lust for things you didn’t even know you needed, and when your fingers grasp those shiny new bags (brads or PAPER!!!) …. ahh!”
Ok I am being TOTALLY dramatic here, and really just kidding, but that line is absolutely my favorite mantra from movie. Anyway, I love shopping, even when it is just looking around, I certainly have no budget to buy everything out there that I see…however, I am very patient and work my angles to get good deals on things and keep my eyes open on what is going on price wise in the crafting world. You truly should never have to pay the full sticker price on anything when you shop smart!
Let’s talk about my favorite places to swoop in and get some great deals and steals!
- AC Moore – Let me tell you about this favorite place of mine. Now I realize AC Moore is a east coast kinda store and may or may not be in your area, so I am sorry for that (you can still check out some stuff online)…but I adore my local AC Moore, my local one happens to be about 20 minutes away, but it is right next to a Target and Starbucks, so talk about a fun girls day out! (Of course this is MY idea of a fun girls day out – Car Drive with some GREAT Music that I can sing along to, Starbucks Latte and then….PAPER! Cricut Cartridges! Aisle’s of STICKERS and Embelishments!!! AHHH!!!) Now the BEST part of AC Moore is their weekly specials and weekly coupons. More often then not, they have 50% off any one item (this has exclusions and limitations, and Cricut Cartridges happen to be one of them… bummer I know…but then let’s move onto…)
- Custom Crops – They have always had awesome prices on Cricut Cartridges if you find that there is one you need and you can’t wait for a sale or making a last minute bid on ebay, Custom Crops is your way to go. :) They also give you so many great tips and their Design Team is amazing (and I am not just saying that because I am on their Design Team! oh and PS – I am not just telling you about them because I am on their Design Team either, I really like shopping here! Ebay – If you are up for the hunt, ebay is a great place to get Cricut Cartridges. You have to be careful which buyers you choose. You want to make sure that you are buying a brand new Cricut Cartridge that has never been opened or linked to a Gypsy. Also check they seller’s feedback before bidding, and if you are unsure of something, ask the seller. I also recommended placing in your maximum amount you are willing to pay for that cartridge (I never do more than $25 – 28.00 esp if there is shipping being charged) and then let it be. Don’t get yourself addicted into “winning that cartridge”! It can be dangerous – I know someone who got so sucked into outbidding someone else they ended up paying $30.00 more than if they would have just gone over to AC Moore and paid full price! So be careful!
- Times To Remember – A wonderful store that is about one hour from my house that I just LOVE to go to. It’s located in a Outlet Shopping center right between Coach and Starbucks! ;) I am a girl who loves to be in a store. I do a lot more shopping and feel like at times, I get better deals in store than online, but of course that all depends and that is all about knowing your prices. :) I just love the size and selection of this store and they also have a online website that you can check out.
- New Clear Dollar Stamps – I simply adore their stamp sets, they have very reasonable prices and they have wonderfully beautiful scripture stamp sets as well…I also noticed they have decent prices on Copic Markers…they are not something I have invested in yet, I’m thinking about it someday, but there is a place to look into them if you are interested in them yourself. :) I have to lump this into the number 4 shop Sweet N’ Sassy amazing stamps that I just find adorable, and again with the Scripture stamps that I love.
- Hallmark Scrapbook – I love checking out their store – some great prices and sales from time to time as well :) Fun stuff!
Anyway, there are millions more stores available, I have also heard really great things about buying from TwoPeasInABucket and Scrapbook.com I have never purchased from either, but I hear great things and I have scanned through a few times
Anyway, I hope that helps you if you are looking for something particular :) I really love shopping, not necessarily buying, but shopping is such a relaxing thing for me, especially when I am out just looking for new ideas. I like coming up with my own do it yourselves instead of buying everything that is available – try to find ways to get the same effects without buying something new. Although I do always love trying something new