So yesterday I posted a Share and Share Alike shoe box full of goodies…one of the goodies inside the box was a mix CD that I put together for my partner…some were songs I love, and some were songs I thought my partner may like based off her music choices. I was asked several times in comments, what songs are the Scrappin’ Tunes??? I don’t remember the exact songs on there, but I will share with you my favorite songs to scrapbook to!
This is the most RANDOM mix of songs, but truly what I LOVE to listen to when I’m craftin’ away! ….
- Way Back Into Love - Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore (Music and Lyrics Soundtrack…fav line from song… “I need inspiration, not just another negotiation” how TRUE that line can be when scrapbooking!)
- I Need You Now – Lady Antebellum “It’s a quarter after one, I’m all alone and I’m scrappin’ now…. lol”
- Insecurity – Donny Osmond “If I told you what I feel for ya baby….if I told you that you’re driving me crazy” (of course you all knew he’d be on this list at least once right??)
- I Gotta Feelin’ – Black Eyed Peas “I gotta feelin – woooohooooo” (Several reasons this is on the list, but it was a GREAT song to dance to out at CHA in January so it’s STUCK on me for that too!)
- Smile – Uncle Kracker “You make me smile like the sun, fall out of bed, sing like a bird, dizzy in my head…” (Yep I have people in my life that make me feel JUST like that – and I’m usually scrapbooking pics that have to do with them…so it’s quite fitting)
- Must Have Done Something Right – Relient K “We should get jerseys cause we make a good team….everyone watching up just turns away with disgust it’s jealousy they can see that we’ve got it goin’ on!” This is like a best friends kinda song – I love it!
- Tear Drops on My Guitar – Taylor Swift “He’s the song in the car I keep singing don’t know why I do, he’s the time taken up, but there’s never enough….” Just adore Taylor and this song!
- Rockstar – Hannah Montana “I’m unusual not so typical way to smart to be waiting around…I can fix the flat on your car (true story from CHA) I might even be a ROCKSTAR!”
- Alone – Glee Cast “Till now, I always got by on my own, I never really cared until I met you” (I stinkin’ love all the Glee soundtracks even though I’m not really a huge fan of the show – the music makes me smile!
- Hey Soul Sister – Train “Just in time, I’m so glad you have a one track mind like me, you gave my life direction” (come on, how can this tune not make everyone smile?)
- Why Can’t I? – Liz Phair “Why Can’t I breath whenever I think about you, why can’t I speak whenever I talk about you….” (I can’t help loving this song and Thirteen Going on Thirty is in my top 5 fav movies to scrapbook to!)
- Good Day- The Click Five “You’re lookin’ for something you can’t find, if you give it up you’ll loose your mind, there’s always something in your way, what can you say? Gonna have a Good Day” (this song was like me theme song one summer and it just sticks with ya!)
- Best Friend – Toybox “He’s my best friend best of all best friends, do you have a best friend too?” (Absolutely ridiculous song that gets STUCK in your head and you can’t help but love the tune and sing along!)
- Take Me Away – Fefe Dobson “Take me away, take me far away from here I will run with you” (The perfect song after a LONG day with two toddlers! hahaha )
- Whenever You’re In Trouble – Donny Osmond “Whenever you may need me, I will fight for you, I will help you through, whenever life’s deceiving, I’ll give you new meaning…” (Yes he makes the top 20, 3 times total!)
- When I Grow Up – Pussycat Dolls “When I grow up, I wanna be famous I wanna be a star, I wanna be in movies…” (maybe not the cleanest of all songs on my list, but sometimes it makes me smile to dance to!)
- Love Of My Life – Donny Osmond/Jim Brickman – “I guess this is how it feels, when you finally find love that’s real, my angel in the night, you are the love, love of my life” (The song my hubby and I first danced to as man and wife…and yes – we did dance to Donny singing it, by Sean’s choice! See why I married him? haha!)
- Summer Sunshine – The Coors “In the heat of summer sunshine I miss you, like nobody else, in the heat of summer sunshine, I’ll kiss you, and nobody needs to know…” Doesn’t matter if its winter, summer, spring or fall, this song puts a little sunshine smiles in my life.
- One Year Six Months – Yellowcard “I’m fallin’ into memories of you, things we used to do” (Perfect for the memories you fall into while scrapbooking.)
- Blessed Be The Name of The Lord – Tree 63 “Blessed be Your name, when the sun’s shining down on me, when the world’s all as it should be, blessed be Your name…My heart will choose to say, Lord Blessed Be Your Name” (Even with my crazy mix of music – this song honestly stands out as still one of my all time favorites! There are many of stories I could tell everyone about how things song has rung true in my life and how God has greatly blessed me, even in times of trouble and depression. I’m going to leave this music video to this song here – its my favorite and I almost cry every time I sing this song at my church!)
And that will wrap up my top 20 list! I have a MUCH longer list than this – and while its a CRAZY crazy mix, you get a little peek into the world of Megan and scrapbooking!
Ok and I’ll give my Top 5 Favorite Movies to Watch While Crafting quick too:
- Music and Lyrics
- How to Loose a Guy in 10 Days
- Thirteen Going on Thirty
- 27 Dresses
- Just Friends
Hope you all are having a great day and enjoy the weekend!
Oh and one other note – I did notice someone else comment about going to Scrapfest in MN September 16-19th – Final plans have no been made official – BUT – I do plan to be back in MN for Scrapfest – so maybe I can see some of you there who can’t make it to Crafts Direct August 27th-29th!