RTM is a new thing I’m kinda starting here at AboveRubiesStudio – it stands for Remember These Moments?!
I’m going to have a weekly post that is going to be sort of a “flash back” so to say of popular and fun posts and videos I had done years/months ago! We have grown so much since some of these posts originally went up, that I just had to reshare them and remind us all of some fun and where we’ve come this 2014 year! This is going into year 6 of AboveRubiesStudio – and it’s SOOOO hard to believe! I am so thankful for all of you I can’t even express it enough!!!
Today – well for awhile now…I’ve been posting a lot about cold “polar vortex” winter of 2014! It’s been freakin’ COLD!!!! All across the United States, not just here in Wisconsin! As I looked back at older posts, I found one that remind me of some special times right before my sweet little Jena’s birthday and Christmas 2009! I talked about my 5 favorite things to do while its cold and snowing! Now that the kids are a little older, and even though as of today My Christmas decorations for 2014 are STILL up (don’t judge I’m on bed rest! LOL) and life is different for me than it was then….I thought there was so much in this post that could encourage…..
2009 5 Things Post – Exchange out Christmas time for the here and now!:
- Make some really yummy Hot Chocolate and watch the snow fall – simple right?
- Watch your favorite Christmas movie with your favorite hot drink OR Grab a really great book and read it aloud – did you ever try that? It’s so fun sometimes
- Find 5 things that you are thankful for this Christmas Season and do a 2 page layout about them
- Find 5 people who maybe hurting this Christmas Season and make them a simple hand made Christmas note, telling them that you care and are thinking of them this Christmas
- Go tell every member in your house why you are thankful for today and why you are thankful for them, you’ll be surprised how much it will make THEIR day! :) Don’t have anyone in the house with you today? That’s ok, call a friend, your boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife, grandparent, parent, WHOEVER! And do the same thing
What 5 favorite things can I do now on bed rest, with a now 5 and 6 year old? Let’s name them! While I still do many of the above things regularly, and I do love watching the snow fall – I seriously think about how each one is so different and what that represents to me! What if it isn’t snowing where you are? What are just 5 things you can do today to truly enjoy the day? Wanna try these with me today?
- Make your favorite drink/snack and with a pen and paper write down 5 things you’re thankful for this moment and 5 things you are taking actions towards for a better life?
- Movies and TV are still a fun entertainment from time to time, but I really have gotten so tired of most of TV, I’ve been saying it a lot over at the new MeganElizabeth site especially that I would much rather be on the other side of the glass, and if I’m sitting watching TV mindlessly all the time, no action is being taken, no true inspiration or peace in my life feels full just watching TV! So, my challenge instead is to take a small section of a book, the Bible, inspiration book, or something maybe you’ve written in the past AND READ IT OUT LOUD! There is something sincerely different about reading out loud, especially something to encourage your soul!
- Find 5 people today that you can encourage, call them, text them, make them a handmade card and bless their day!
- Now I can’t sit in my craft room today to do a two page layout of 5 things I am thankful for this year….but what I can do is grab a My Crush Book/Smash Book and while sitting in my chair doodle, sketch, create something that represents those things!
- You need to tell those around you while you’re thankful for them TODAY! Build them up! Everyone in your house, your friends/family whoever it is – build them up with why they rock in your life and why they are special! - EACH of you reading this post are insanely special to me and you all have become such family to me over the years of AboveRubies so THANK YOU AND A BIG HUG TO YOU FROM ME!
Read full post from 2009 HERE (There’s also a really cool little bit about filling our cups and what spills out…from anxieties to blessings….a great reminder to me again year later!):
PS – That winter thing I keep talking about – AboveRubiesStudio store is closing up the Winter Blues Sale in the next24 hours, so get these SUPER HOT Deals today before they’re gone! http://shop.aboverubiesstudio.com
ALSO – New Close To My Heart releases come out super soon and that means those retired stamp sets I talked about will all be disappearing, make sure you get this favorites now that I had chatted about HERE before it’s too late on all of them! http://aboverubies.ctmh.com